Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sleep Deprived television

So last night around 4am I woke up and I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about someone and it felt like a burnden. So I decided to watch some tv, and since theres only junk on I decided before I turned it on to change the channel to the Christian station and I watched the cartoon life of Paul. Then I switched to watch the end of Sabrina with Harrison Ford and Greg Canear. And inbetween I watched some music videos. And then when my eyes were to heavy to watch tv, I tried sleep but I ended up reading like 5 pages in the Don Miller book I'm reading 'Through Painted Desert' (thanks IE). I read the part about how Adam was in the Garden alone, and how the little acre of Garden I could only fathom was really like a whole continent. And when Adam asked God for a companion, God told him to go name all the animals. And naming all the animals took like 100years, and the thought that Adam had to travel to the Ocean to name the sea life, and then across the desert, and then through forest, and just all over to name all the animals before he came back to God and again requested to have a companion. Don Miller said that God might have done that so that Adam could appriciate Eve, that men now a days have it too easy because whenever we feel loney, especially guys, there are naked pictures at your finger tips, and men have lost almost all appriciation for women.

I love Don Miller, and sometimes when I can't sleep I find God calling me to do something more.

No comments: