Monday, April 21, 2008

Morals and Veggies

I have been a Vegetarian now for over a year. And just about everyone (except maybe a hand full of people) that has talked to me for more than five min. after finding out has to ask me why, but they don't stop there. They ask me really ridiculous questions about whats wrong with meat, and why not try doing this instead...

What most people fail to see is that being a Vegetarian is not just a decision, not just a lifestyle, but a moral belief.

I grew up eating meat, and taking stand here and there what I would eat and I wouldn't like veal, and pate because of the obvious ways of harnessing these delicacies. But I am not against eating meat, I do eat meat, but I stand for the treatment of animals while they are still apart of this earth we all call home. God created the animals and gave man dominion over them, but I don't think that God had in mind that one day man would decided to abuse animals for mass production.

I am not trying to sell you being a Vegetarian, but I am trying to let you know that I am not wrong in MY beliefs. I don't ask you after finding out your Jewish "If you were locked in a room with a Christian, Buddhist, and a Atheist and they told you that you had to convert to one of their religions if you wanted to leave the room, and if you don't convert they kill you." I don't ask you if your gay "Well have you tried being straight?? That the opposite sex is so much more fun than the same sex, you are missing out on so much fun."

Then why am I constantly being paraded with questions and statements to make me feel stupid and like I am wrong?? I have a right to love, respect, and honor MY feelings. I don't try and push you to be a vegetarian, why are you pushing me to eat hormone induced meat??

God gave me a heart for all animals intrinsically. I am sorry that you don't feel the same, but I am not sorry that I feel the way I do. So next time you have the urge to questions someone's beliefs, think about where your heart is when your words come out.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

You go girl! I agree with you about the animals, I just have no clue what I would eat if I decided to become a vegetarian.