Sunday, June 22, 2008

Shopping, Chicken, and Long Lost Friends

today was an awesome day, after coming home from church my mom and I immediately went on a shopping excursion which led to me (spoiled alert) getting, cool new hippie converses, a cute paisley purse, and a Body Victoria Secrets bra. Then my mom and I beat the weather and ate at Stir Crazy, where we ordered two amazingly delicious appetizers (ahi tuna, and crab cakes) and for dessert we had a beautiful mango creme brule.
As you might have noticed I skipped the main course and that is because we had ordered a tofu Pad Thai, but instead we got a chicken Pad Thai. So yes, after 2 years of being a vegetarian, today I ate chicken. Yes I noticed that the tofu was a bit weird, and I caught on after like my 5th bite. I was so mad. We told the server that we didn't order chicken, and he was like I assumed you wanted it. And then proceeded to charge us for it.
But what finished the meal on a high was that as I walking out the door I saw a friend that I had not seen in 5years. A friend that was family, that in high school I was at their house more than my own. I got his new number and his sisters, because his sister was my best friend for 5 years.
I have to say that even though I desecrated my veggietood, today was an awesome day. Yes, I kn ow chickens every where are cursing my name (sorry beakys) but today was a God loved day!!

1 comment:

Brittnee said...

you crack me up! Ill be home the 27th . Craft corner on the 28th! did you get my invite?! see you soon, friend.

p.s. can you tell liz about craft corner too?