Tuesday, July 21, 2009

10-7



One of my biggest fears in the Jungle is to be driving on e of our wheelchair boats and it 10-7's (dies) in the middle of the Jungle, because then it makes it really hard to get the handicapped person off the boat,and if the battery dies then there is no way to get them off. So yesterday evening I was on yet another Jungle Cruise and I was driving the Wanda (one of the wheelchair boats) and I noticed that I had a few kids that were kinda scared so I wasn't  trying to make it any more scary then it already is, so when we pulled up to the temple I made sure not to set it up as super scary and I sat down. But as we hit the first corner in the temple the boat stopped. When it first turned off I thought to myself, no, that did not just happen. So I stood up and put the throttle in neutral, and then I full throttled it forward... nothing. So I got back on the mic and announced that we were having technical difficulties and that I was going to radio for help. But my radio didn't work. I knew the boat behind me was close, so I waited with ALL the lights on so the boat would see me before it hit me, and I asked the Skipper to radio for help. I had a mother on my boat while waiting for help, if there was a bathroom because her 3 yr old had to go. I told her "what you see is what have." and then she asked if she could hold her over the side of the boat while she went. I told her that it is illegal in the U.S. to expose your child in public. I had a couple of my kids tell me why they were scared, and i had one kid drive the non moving boat. I think it was fun. 

No comments: