Saturday, May 17, 2008

My Hero

Ok so a lot of cool things happened today: had an awesome day with my Elevate family at Tree Tops playing Frisbee, Football, and hanging out. Heard one of the best sermons Troy has ever given, with awesome worship, and spent a trying hour and a half with 3yrs olds teaching them that "I am wonderfully made."

But the thing that was really cool was that I got to see my real life hero again today on my way home from church at 9pm tonight. There is this older man that looks like he can barely walk, yet he takes a walk like 2-3 times a day. I have even seen him ride his bike around where we live. He lives in my development and one day I got to say the pleasantries like "Hi! How are you?!" He is so nice!

He is my hero because he looks like he should be at home shuffling around his house doing nothing. But no, he does not let age get in his way from doing anything. He reminds me that just because it hurts to move doesn't mean you can't walk 2 miles. Just because old age has kicked in doesn't mean you can't have any more adventures. Nothing is impossible with determination, will power, and the strength of God behind you. I know this man I proud to be able to walk, to feel the sun on his face, the breeze, and to feel every muscle in his body. This man inspires me to be a women of faith, and warrior for God at every age that God has me to be on this earth.

No comments: