Friday, August 8, 2008

The Deadliest Obsession



Ok, so some of you know my obsession with the Discovery Channel's series Deadliest Catch. So for those of you that don't know the show please let me inform you of what you are missing. This show follows about 7-10 different crab boats that set sial in the dealiest sea (hence the name), the Bering Sea off the coast of Alaska. They show what these men go through during a season of fishing for huge crab. I love the show because it shows real people having a real life adveture. They work really hard, hardly sleep, eat crazy amounts of food to keep moving, and they get shifted around the iced deck like the disk on a air hockey table.







I have my favorite crew which is the one on the Corneila Marie. I love the father sons relationship. Phil is honestly to me the best skipper, and they are amazing men that no matter what they feel, work their tails off in the coldest weather ever!! I love this ship so much that I logged onto their site to send in my resume to be their cook. Yeah, I know Im crazy. But I really want to help these guys out because they work so hard, and they could use the great food and woman's touch on board. But don't worry, they post that they don't have any job openings, and even if they did they only hire within the family. Sad for me, but great for them.




Well if share my obsession, or want to recule me (IE) feel free to comment me. Don't forget to check out Deadliest Catch on the DIscovery Channel at 11am and 4pm every week day, and click on Corneila Marie to see their offical website. Happy fishing!!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

BOOOOORRRRIIINNGGGGGG

This show is called The Deadliest Catch because if you happen to "catch" it on TV you WILL die of boredom (FACT).

LOL

becca said...

LOVE IT! I think I have seen almost every show. I am a junkie!