Saturday, January 10, 2009

My own "New Moon"

I have been for the past 5 or so months devouring the Twilight book series, several times. I am on my 3rd round of reading all the books, and this time StacIE is reading them with me. Every time I start reading one of the books I fear that they will consume me, my mind, my time, my life, my emotions. Books are a powerful thing, but these book are unlike anything I have ever read. 

When I read Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings I became so obsessed with the story and world that these books tell about that I go beyond the books for a big and better view of their world. For Pete's sakes I learned Quenya, which is a Tolkien created language, and I played RPG's in a community forum. 

But Twilight is something completely different, its like a drug. I am waiting for IE to finish Eclipse(book #3) so we can read the 4th and final book, Breaking Dawn. I am itching to pick it up again for the 2nd time, but I don't want to devour it like I have with all the other books. I have never been this way with a book, especially a series. I read all the HP books once, and then once again before each movie comes out, and LOTR I have only read once. 

They shouldn't have group meeting to talk about Twilight and get excited, they should have support meetings about how its all with think about, its what we breathe for, and how we would go to the ends of the earth in all hopes that its real. I am not alone, so don't think I am crazy. I have met others like me, and my cousin plans on going to Seattle during the summer, and then taking a side trip to Forks (the place where the story is set). And I am jealous, even though time and time again I remind myself not to get caught up in the story, its not real, people don't really act like that.
 Men aren't that romantic, but then there is apart of me that says what if. God knows the deepest desires of my heart, won't he send me my Adam in and Edward wrapped package?? Not the Vampire shaped package, but the beautiful and completely devoted to loving me package??

Way to go Stephenie Myers, you made finding the true love bar ridiculously high, and no, I am not lowering it for mere mortals. They will just have to rise to the occasion, I think I'm worth it.

No comments: