Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good Day/Bad Nite

Yesterday started off as a good day, despite the fact that I woke up with no voice and a painful knot in my throat. Every time I got into a boat at work I was only in it for 2 rotations, which was as long as my voice could handle. 2 of my favorite people were working. Plus I got a 15 min break, then bumped out for my Basics Class which wasn't for another hr then the class was 2 hrs long, which means I got paid for 3 hours of sitting down in an A/C room!!! Then when I came back from class I got a 30 min break!!! After that it was all down hill

I was at Fast Pass return when we had a big back up, and so the line was really long and people were asking the same questions "Is this really the Fast Pass line?" "wouldn't it be faster to wait in the Stand by line because this one is longer?" So I had to tell people "Yes this is the fast pass line, and no it wouldn't be shorter to wait in the regular line because the fast pass queue is short so it gets backed up easier, where stand by line is like a series of mazes you walk through."  Then the people that were suppoesed to be greeting and Fast Pass Distribution left. So instead of 3 people handling the chaos it was just me running around while the flick cards (the red cards we hand to guest to keep track of the wait time while they are in line) are beeping!! 

Then when we were about an hr away from closing (which they extended an hour) I got into a boat, and after 2 times, which was my voices limit, I told my coordinator that I couldn't go around any more because I had no voice, she said I had no choice because there wasn't anyone to take my place. After that I went around 6 MORE TIMES!!! while I went around i saw 2 people doing closing procedures which is checking that things were done from a checklist!! Really?!?! Like neither of those people could have gotten into my boat and switched with me!?!? I almost cried the last 3 times i went out.
At least 2 of my extra boats were awesome, and laughed at almost everything i said, and were really polite when they left. And when I had to flush out by Splash Mt (make sure everyone left at closing time) people told me thank you for letting them stay the extra hour, and thank you for making their trip awesome!!! I was blown away because i was just standing there trying to remind myself to think happy thoughts, and they thanked me!! yeah it made it all worth it. 

In the end its not about me or my flawed Coordinator, its about the guests and making them feel like they are in a Magic Place, and that they are worth everything, because they are. Intrinsically we are worth so much more than this world leads us to believe!! And none of us should ever forget that!!

No comments: