Saturday, March 21, 2009

SIGNAL 25!!!!




There was a Signal 25 in the Jungle last week. A Signal 25 means fire, and we give a code (why that code I am not sure of but) it is because you don't just scream "FIRE" in front of guests. 

So I was standing at load with a fella Skipper and it was about 8:50pm, because it was a little bit before Wishes our Fireworks show. So we were standing at the front dock waiting for guests to come and I smelled smoke. I thought out loud "Its funny, I smell smoke but Wishes isn't supposed to start yet, and you get smoke after the fireworks not before." and the Skipper next to me said "You smell a Signal 25?" I laughed and we made fun of 'smelling' a Signal 25. Then I walk over to the unload area and see all this smoke, and still thought to myself thats too much smoke for Wishes that just started. Well when I get to someone back there they tell me that there really was a Signal 25!!!!

On my way to my break I saw Firefighters with fire extinguishers!! Then when I came back from my break I ran into another fella Skipper that said she was the one who found the fire, and reported it. She said apparently someone through their lit cigarette into a pile of dead leaves over by Shrunken Ned's the boat game. Hello people A) The Jungle Cruise is not a smoking area, so they shouldn't have been there. B) We are in a draught, you don't throw lit cigarettes into a pile of dead leaves!!!

Anyways the Jungle was saved before most people noticed. But that was just the end to a very strange weekend. 

PS the other things that happened that weekend.
- We called a ambulance for 2 people
- I person fainted
- there were 3 Protein Spills (throw up)
-Pirates had to be Evacuated (I don't know why) and the Jungle helps Evac the people
-Someone kicked(?!?!) the crates at Chief Namee in the river

All that in one crazy WEEKEND!!! 

Be careful guys... its a Jungle out there!!! 

2 comments:

Stacie said...

You know what's MUCH funnier than "It smells like a Signal 25"? "It smells like Wishes"! HAHA I'm SO using that when I smell smoke.

So was there a protein spill on The Jungle Cruise? Even on Pirates... That's just weird. What's next? Protein spill in the Tiki Room?

I know what it is... All those hormones they put in the food. It's weakening people's stomachs. Hormones are the root of all evil.

Stefanie said...

crazy tourists!