Monday, February 23, 2009

Best Day Ever!!

Yesterday I had the best day in Jungle since I have been working at Disney. I started work at 5:45pm and worked until 1:45am and I didn't have high prospects for the evening. The thing that made it the best night ever was that 2 children gave me a hug, children that were so happy to be at Disney that they wanted just to give out hugs. I also had the world best boat (minus one guy that was the grumpiest person I have ever seen on the Jungle Cruise), they got on in the exit because they had a family member in the wheel chair line. When the family got in 2 of the men crossed over the crates, which is a big No, No on the boats, so i told them one after the other not to cross the crates because it was a fired hazard "If you trip and fall, I laugh..hahaha.. and then I get fired." But one of the guys stopped me right before I said "I get fired" and asked "what we cross the crates and then burst into flames?" I told him if he would just hold on he would here the point of my joke. Well when we went to pick up more guests waiting in the standby line more people crossed the crates, and we had to tell them not to, and blamed their bad behavior on the 1st 2 gentlemen. We laughed and cried a bunch of the times through out the ride at non-funny jokes, and I couldn't get out half of my spiel because I was laugh at them so hard, especially when we got to the Natives show scene and the guy closest to me yelled "Don't hit the ducks!!" I laughed so hard I missed the 1st 2 jokes. So I had to say "Yeah we missed about 3 jokes back there, just know these guys are bad and they attack on the right." Then as I 'pointed out' my favorite plants the family told me that they are my favorite plants because their last name is Plant. So I reassured them sincerely that they were my favorite Plants ever. Then we laughed and cried a little more waiting to unload. Then we had to say the "crates are a fired hazard" joke again. When we had to tie a rope to the back of the boat to let people off I told everyone to stay seated, but a girl in the back stood up. and I said "you guys really are going to get me fired!!" So when everyone was off the boat another skipper came on my boat to relive me and I followed the Plants to the exit and they said "We really did get you fired huh?" and I looked around and my cool coordinator was standing there, and my response was "Thanks, right in front of my coordinator!!" and then we took a group photo, and one of their children hugged me because I said lets all hug and take a picture together!! so thats really 3 hugs in one day!! 

Yeah I pretty much love my life!!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

sometimes that's gotta suck though.. when people ruin your jokes that you get paid to tell. =\