Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My Family

Families come in all shapes and sizes. Some families are missing a compontent, and some have extras running around. My family isn't what you would normally think of when you think family. We have a Grandpa, and the rest of us are brothers and sisters. If you think that this family is wierd its because you haven't met us yet, cause then you know our family is the crazest bunch of college students you have ever seen. Did I forget to metion that my family is my small group? Well they are. If you do not have the privlage to know our family let me tell you a little something about our hogepoge of hooligans. We meet every Monday night at Grandpa Mo's house, we eat a pot luck dinner, and then we seperate boys and girls. I can't speak for the boys, but us girls have a blast. I have never see so many girls bear their souls out on the coffee table like we do. We lift eachother up, keep each other accountable, and laugh at eachother like only a loving sister can do with out hurting another sisters feelings. We laugh, we cry, we make fun of each other, and have inside jokes. But most importantly we are there for eachother when we struggle with our faith, we remind eachother that we aren't alone, that we have an awesome God that has blessed us with sisters that truely care about our lives.
We try to attend the 5pm Service(Pulse) at FRC, and we try to hang out as much as often. I know that if it weren't for my family, I would not be able to survive this world. My God gave me an earthly family thats not always there for me, but He mercifully blessed me with an early Homecoming family, to show me a glimpse of what heaven will be like one day, laughing, happy tears, and conversations about God and His Love for us!

5 comments:

Brian Vasil said...

Cool Post! Welcome to the bloggiverse!

iPastor

Brittnee said...

This is beautiful and true.
I wanna!
I'll sit under a tree with you anyday :)

Stacie said...

I heart u!!!

Mauricio said...

Grandpa Mo wants to thank you for your wonderful post, and wants to know where his teeth are, because he can't eat his geriatric pudding without it.

:)

You rock, Malibu.

Ro(bert)o Lopez said...

Ummm....where can I sign up for this family you speak of???....lol....welcome!!